Monday, October 1, 2012

Goings on in NE FL

Drum, drum and more drum.  Black and Red have been caught predominantly from Fernandina to Vilano, using mostly live and dead shrimp.  The Black Drum have been in the 2-6lb range; while the Reds have been all over the place, from just below slot, to slot and over slot.  The whiting bite has also been outstanding.  An all day trip should net you a cooler full, with fish over 1lb being caught.  Get the oil ready for a fish fry!

The Pompano are here, however, the catching has been sporadic.  Most are only catching one legal during an all day trip.  Water temps are still above 80 with Fernandina clocking in at 82 degrees today. 

There are reports of numerous bite offs.  Blues and Sharks.  At American beach I got a Blue in only to have him saw through the 30lb line I use to make my rigs before I could get my hand on him. 

Get a rod and hit the water!  Catchin' is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment