Monday, September 27, 2010

Closing in on the Magic Number

I get my weather information form the National Weather Service via NOAA.  I've found the closer you get to the date in question the more accurate the prediction is.  For those of us looking for the Pompano to hit our beaches it looks like the magic date will be around Oct 6-8th.  Air temps are going to take a plunge over the coming weekend.  We'll be going from mid 80's down to the high 70's, with night time temps dropping to the low 60's by Sunday.  The Magic number is water temp and we're looking for 78/77 degrees to start seeing the elusive fish.  Get your sandfleas if you can find them they should be getting scarce next week.  Get your gear ready.  The Pomps are almost here!!!  I'll be on American beach all day Oct 8th and 9th to start my hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment