Friday, September 24, 2010

Anxious

I am not much of a summer Surf fisher here in NE Fl. It's mostly whiting unless you have a watercraft to get off the beach or back into the river and creeks.  I also enjoy "action" when I'm fishing.  Summer fishing is pretty slow.  Unless you use live bait from the surf or target sharks it's not very thrilling.  There's a lot of "wait" time.  In 90+ degree heat wait-time is not very fun.

Have not been able to travel like I want this summer to get into fish like I want to with our other priorities.  So I have not been able to fish as much as I would like this summer.  I was on the pier a couple time trying my hand at King fishing; but even that is a hurry up and wait proposition.

I've been "jonesing" for the fall migration now for a couple months.  In two weeks I get three consecutive four day weekends for the sole purpose of chasing the run.  Fourteen days to go and I'm starting to get worried.  I'm keeping an eye almost daily on water temps and air temps and the needles aren't moving very swiftly at all.  We've droppped from mid 90's to high 80's on airtemp, but the water temp is pretty much the same low 80's.  The greatest impact on water temp is the sun and right now the sun is keeping the dial steady.  It's looking more and more like the run is going to be much later than normal; closer to November than September.

No comments:

Post a Comment