Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black "Drum" Friday at Matanzas! 11-26



With my daughter in town for Thanksgiving was planning to take her to Canaveral after the Pomps, but I was not wanting to make the two and a half hour drive.  I did hear that the Pomps were on fire at Playalinda with people limiting out on consecutive days.

Decided on Ft. Matanzas and arrived at 11am right at high tide.  Used a spread of five rods, all baited with fresh shrimp and frozen sandfleas.  The action wasn't bad.  My daughter wound up with a lady fish and dink whiting.  My wife and son both got there first black drum.  I wound up with a bull whiting and Pompano.  The Drum were caught in close on fresh shrimp; 7' rod with 2oz weight and 8' rod with 3oz weight.  The Pomp and Whiting out far 11' rod with 6oz lead and 10'6" rod with 4oz lead.


No comments:

Post a Comment